This page lists the camps that we held in calendar year 2006. This information is largely for your reference.
- January 13 to January 17, Sonoma State University, Rohnert Park CA. Contact is Dr. Elaine McHugh, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- March 13 to March 17, 2006, Ridgeland MS, sponsoring organization is the Ridgeland Recreation and Parks. Contact is Christopher Chance, Director, e-mail Christopher.Chance@Ridgelandms.org
- March 27 to March 31, 2006, Brunswick GA, contact is Doreen Sigman, tel 912-264-4550, e-mail email@example.com
- April 17 to 21, 2006, Modesto CA -- Contact is Bruce Davey, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- May 22 to May 26, 2006 -- Dickinson ND -- The camp was held in the Dickinson Rec Center. Contact is Missi Baranko, e-mail email@example.com
- May 30 to June 3, 2006 -- Wichita KS – Because of Memorial Day falling on Monday, we set the camp up for a Tuesday to Saturday. Contact is "Matt Hampton" MattH@hightouchinc.com
- June 5 to June 9, 2006 -- Evansville IN with the Evansville Rehabilitation Center (affiliated with Easter Seals of SW Indiana). Contact is Linda Dillon, e-mail LDillon@evansvillerehab.com
- June 5 to June 9, 2006 -- Chico CA in conjunction with Easter Seals of Northern CA and California State University at Chico. Contact is Greg Wagner at Easter Seals of Northern California. Greg's e-mail is firstname.lastname@example.org
- June 6 to June 10, 2006 -- Napoleon OH, contact is Chris Moore. The camp was sponsored by the Special Olympics of Hentry County (Ohio). The e-mail for Chris Moore is: email@example.com
- June 12 to June 16, 2006 -- St. Louis MO, sponsored by the Down Syndrome Association of Greater St. Louis and with generous support from the Pujols Family Foundation. Thirty-five children attended, and we had the remarkable result that all thirty-five advanced to being able to ride and balance on conventional two-wheelers. The camp was held at the West County Christian Church in Chesterfield MO. Gretchen Montgomery served as contact person in the St. Louis area. Gretchen's home telephone is 636-733-0030; and e-mail is firstname.lastname@example.org
- June 12 to June 16, 2006 -- Rochester Hills MI, sponsored by Band of Angels Foundation (a non-profit 501(C)3 charity).
- June 12 to June 16, 2006 -- Sonoma State University, Contact is Dr. Elaine McHugh at Sonoma State University, e-mail email@example.com
- June 19 to June 23, 2006, Red Bluff CA (Tehama County), in conjunction with Easter Seals of Northern CA. Contact is Greg Wagner at Easter Seals of Northern California. Greg's e-mail is firstname.lastname@example.org
- June 19 to June 23, 2006 Grand Rapids MI -- This camp, now completed, was held as a part of a Down syndrome research study in conjunction with the University of Michigan. We had 33 children attend, and 2/3rd's (22 children) finished being able to pedal and balance on a regular two-wheeler. We had many excited and smiling faces.
- June 26 to June 30, 2006 Warren MI -- This camp was the second year of a two-year study on Down syndrome in conjunction with the University of Michigan. The sponsoring organization was FEDS (Families Exploring Down Syndrome) of Macomb County. Out of 35 children, 30 ended up riding on two-wheels.
- June 26 to June 30, 2006 -- Chicago IL with the organization City Kids. The camp was held in Skokie IL, a Northwest suburb of Chicago. Contact is Madonna Nash email@example.com, the organization's phone is 773-467-5669, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- June 26 to June 30, 2006 -- Portland OR, Contact is Ann Donaca-Sullivan, e-mail email@example.com
- July 10 to July 14, 2006 -- Danville IL, Contact is Peter Blackmon. As of the end of the camp, we had 25 children of whom 20 became riders balancing and pedaling on two-wheelers. Peter is the General Manager of the David S. Palmer Arena in Danville, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- July 10 to July 14, 2006 -- Davis CA -- Contact is Sue Harrington, e-mail email@example.com
- July 10 to July 14, 2006 -- Greater Minneapolis/St. Paul MN. The camp was held across the river in nearby Hudson WI. The sponsoring organization is Kids on 2 Wheels, Inc. Contact is Dr. Susan Tarr, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- July 17 to July 21, 2006 -- Altoona WI. The sponsoring organization is Kids on 2 Wheels, Inc. Contact is Dr. Susan Tarr, e-mail email@example.com
- July 24 to July 28, 2006 -- Cleveland OH (Actually Bay Village OH which is a western suburb of Cleveland) – This camp enrolled 35 children. We had many smiling faces -- as about 2/3rds of the children were already graduated onto conventional two-wheelers. Contact is "Nancy Geschke" e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- July 31 to August 4, 2006 -- Storm Lake IA, with the charity "Faith, Hope, and Charity," contact person is Bev Miller, Director of Social Services, e-mail email@example.com
- July 31 to August 4, 2006 -- Albany NY with the Down Syndrome Resource Center (DSRC) as well as the organization STRIDE. The Albany NY contact person is Marietta Schork Velvis, e-mail -- firstname.lastname@example.org -- A second contact person is Maryellen Whitney, e-mail email@example.com
- August 7 to August 11, 2006 -- West Hartford CT – Sponsored by Kiwanis and the Town of West Hartford. We had 25 children enrolled, with children coming from some distant places including the states of Maine, New York, and Pennsylvania. Contact is Tom Proietti at West Hartford Kiwanis, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- August 7 to August 11, 2006 -- Rockford IL with the Rockford Park District. The camp had 30 children enrolled, with four sessions. Contact is Laurie Anderson, e-mail LaurieAnderson@rockfordparkdistrict.org
- August 14 to August 18, 2006 -- Easter Seals DuPage County (west suburb of Chicago). The camp was held at College Church near the Wheaton College campus in Wheaton IL. Contact is Laura Znajda, e-mail LZnajda@eastersealsdupage.org
- August 14 to August 18, 2006 -- Eatontown NJ, with the organization S.E.A.D.
- August 21 to August 25, 2006 -- Rome NY with the Upstate Cerebral Palsy Foundation. We had 20 children enrolled, and out of these all but four achieved the ability to pedal and balance on conventional two-wheelers. One family traveled in from Boston. Another family traveled in from New Hampshire. The camp was held in the John F. Kennedy Civic Center (an ice arena which makes a great place to ride).
- August 28 to September 1, 2006 -- Lewes DE with the Lower Delaware Autistic Foundation, contacts are Angie Sipple e-mail email@example.com and Charlette Herbert, Director, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- December 27 to December 31, 2006 -- over Christmas break -- we were in Ft. Lauderdale FL. Contact is Jennifer Aubrey, e-mail email@example.com
- December 27 to December 31, 2006 -- also for the same week as above over Christmas break -- we were in Brunswick GA. We had children coming from CA, TX (2), VA, FL, SC, and, of course, GA. Contact person is Doreen Sigman e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org